Lava Hound is one of the most dangerous fiery flying beasts in Clash of Clans. They are born of Dark Elixir and molten brimstone. In the Russian language, the Lava Hound is called “Hell Hound”.
Lava Hound looks similar to the Lava Dragon from Dragon Vale, another popular game.
Details of CoC Lava Hound
- Lava Hound bounces up and down a little while shooting fireballs at it like a Minion.
- Priorities of Lava Hounds are Air Defences. After destroying AD’s, they become like other troops with no preferred target.
- Supply Cost: 30
- Targets: Ground & Air
- Training Time: 15 minutes
- The Lava Hound is like a flying Golem and its favourite target is specially Air Defences.
- Movement Speed: 20
- Dark Barracks Required: Level 6
- On the battleground, you can clone an extra 2 Lava Hounds with two max level Clone Spells.
- Like the Golem, the Lava Hound deals additional splash damage when it dies, before splitting into Lava Pups.
Clash of Clans Lava Hound Levels
|Level||Damage per Second||Damage per Attack||Damage upon death||Lava pups||Training Cost||Laboratory Level Required||Research Time
- At level 1 and 2, the Lava Hound looks like an overweight honey bee like creature, made of rock with cracks filled with lava.
- At level 3, the spikes on its back turn into lava colour. Its eyes also become larger and redder with larger wings.
- At level 4, the lava on its back turns red.
Attack Strategy of Lava Hound CoC
- Lava Hounds fly has a lot of Hit-Points and they love Air Defences. Much like Golems, they’re useful as an attack tank, but for air units.
- Lava Pup is much weaker than Lava Hound.
- Lava Hounds have a large hit-points.
- They protect Dragons, Minions, Healers, Balloons and Baby Dragons, much like Golems protect a group of Wizards or Witches.
- Use Lava Hounds in pairs to soak up twice the amount of damage.
- They protect Dragons, Minions, Healers, Balloons and Baby Dragons from Air Defences and other Air Defence buildings.
- Be sure to keep it safe from a single targeting Inferno Tower which can kill it with ease.
- Don’t use too many lava hounds, as they are extremely weak units and will be destroyed before they do too much damage.
- Lava Hound is used in all good air attack strategies. You can read these guides for more details: LaBaGo Strategy, Lavanoonion,…
- The level 4 Lava Hound has the highest hit points among all troops.
Defense Strategy of Lava Hound Clash of Clans
- Spread your Air Defence so that attackers keep their air troops near the Lava Hounds for protection, making Air Bombs and Wizard Towers more effective.
- Seeking Air Mine is their weakness so put Air Mines and Air Bombs close to your Air defences.
- Put at least one inferno on the single target.
- Lava Hound is a good clan castle troop to use in defence.